Sunday 1 April 2012

Tarija, 31-3-12

Made it to Bolivia.  My first full day on dirt.  The border was relatively painless and formalities only took and hour or so but I have a somewhat limited map for Bolivia in the GPS and even finding my way out of town was hard work.  The mountain road to Tarija was amazing, very hard work to ride and I've lost quite a few bolts from the bike due to vibration.
I checked into the first place that would let me bring the bike in off the street.  Trying to find a hospitage/vinyard tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to stay there for a couple of days.  I've been riding for two weeks and I'm knackered.  I just need to find someone who will sell me petrol, gas stations in Bolivia keep turning me away for some reason.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Duncan,

    I suppose yo know this entry:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=incompetant

    I see you are doing well overseas.
    What happened to that BMW that you use to ride ?

    come and see us if your current ride manages to reach Europe one day.

    ReplyDelete