Thursday 22 March 2012

Bugger. San Luis, 22/3/12

I knew it was a bad idea before I set off. I needed to do a bit of routine maintenance and the bloke at the parking lot was a tad enthusiastic, going through my tools and everything in my panniers and I wanted to get out of there quickly. I checked the oil level with the engine cold and topped it up.
No problems for most of the day but 40km from San Luis, I stopped for a smoke and noticed a puddle of oil under the bike.
I hope it's just something to do with overfilling it; and I do have a complete set of gaskets with me. The mechanic said “manyana” so I'm going back up there tomorrow to see what they can do. Hopefully not stuck again, three weeks in Santiago was too much.

1 comment:

  1. If anyone speaks Spanish and would like to translate; It would be really useful to know how to say
    "I might have put too much oil in my bike. Now it is leaking. Please fix it."

    ReplyDelete